murcia

Portal de Santomera

www.portaldesantomera.com

Santomera - SpanishSantomera - English
detail of Santomera

 

Santomera requests 2.5 million euros to improve energy efficiency (20/07/2017)

European aid under the Feder Sustainable Growth Operational Program covers 80% of total investment

Two and a half million euros.

That is the amount that aims to achieve the Santomera City Council through the call for aid of the operational program Feder of sustainable growth.

It is, according to the mayor, Inma Sánchez Roca, "of one of the most ambitious grant requests made by this City Council in its almost forty years of history."

Santomera therefore intends to take a good part of the almost 13.5 million euros that the European Union will invest so that the municipalities of Murcia with less than 20,000 inhabitants reduce their carbon dioxide emissions and improve their energy efficiency.

In particular, the City of Santomera has submitted six projects;

Three of them focus on the renewal of the public lighting network, while the remaining half seeks to optimize the energy consumption of the Municipal Pool, especially in view of its future reopening as a heated installation.

The desire of the government team formed by PSOE and Alternativa is to get them all approved, although each one of them must obtain their corresponding subsidy independently, not in block.

The three projects for the renovation of outdoor lighting are separated by areas of activity that comprise, respectively, part of the urban area of ​​Santomera, the whole urban center of El Siscar and the population of La Matanza.

Thus, in Santomera would replace a total of 1,701 luminarias, another 494 in El Siscar and 308 more in La Matanza.

The action would therefore allow modernization with LED systems a total of 2,503 street lamps, half of those installed in the municipality, ending with those still using mercury vapor an obsolete technology that in many cases goes back to periods even prior to segregation And reducing considerably those using high pressure sodium vapor.

In this way, all outdoor public lighting would comply with current regulations and current standards of energy efficiency and light pollution.

The total amount of these three grants amounts to 1,526,539.57 euros and, in addition to reducing CO2 emissions, would enable the energy consumption of the public lighting network to be reduced by approximately 64%, which would mean for the City Council a saving Close to 90,000 euros per year.

On the other hand, Santomera City Council has also requested funding to run three other projects to optimize the energy efficiency of the Municipal Pool, which would add a subsidy of 992,200 euros.

The most important of them (768,350 euros) is the replacement of the thermal envelope, changing the current roof system, with wood skeleton and tarpaulin, for another based on polycarbonate plates that open and close quickly on rails in motorized form ;

The new materials would avoid thermal leakage and at the same time capture solar heat as a greenhouse, so that energy consumption would be reduced by around 10%.

A second technical project, for which 146,410 euros are requested, proposes the change of the existing gas boilers, installed in 2005, by biomass ones, more efficient and with lower CO2 emissions. Finally, the City asks 77,440 euros To carry out a 30-kilowatt photovoltaic installation in the parking lot, which would have a double benefit: providing shade to vehicles and taking advantage of solar heat to generate 18% of the electric energy consumed in the whole sports area in a free and clean way.

The sum of these three actions would allow the municipal pool to be reopened heated, a point that both PSOE and Alternative contemplated in their respective electoral programs.

Both the mayor and the Councilor for Works and Services, Joaquín Rubio, wanted to highlight the excellent opportunity of this call, since the grants cover up to 80% of the total investments lost, reducing the contributions of the City to the remaining 20 %.

In addition, they have insisted on highlighting the extraordinary collaboration of the municipal technicians involved, "who during the last month have worked beyond their working day to be able to present all the necessary documentation as soon as the call has been opened."

Source: Ayuntamiento de Santomera

Notice
UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 - ER-0131/2006 © 2017 Alamo Networks S.L. - C/Alamo 8, 30850 Totana (Murcia) Privacy policy - Legal notice Región de Murcia
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información